Saint Ignatius High School, which opened its doors in 1886, is a Jesuit college-preparatory school located in Ohio City, in close proximity to downtown Cleveland. It occupies 21 acres with 18 buildings and two athletic fields.
The Breen Center for the Performing Arts was something, “… the school needed to be fully competitive…and to expose young men to the arts for a total education.” These thoughts were by Jack and Mary Breen, whose generous gift made the facility possible. Numerous alumni donors agreed and together they generously funded the $12 million project. The 32,000 sq. ft. facility includes s a 540-seat theater. It was the most ambitious project in the school’s history.
Our firm was asked to design donor recognition for the Breens and several other notable alumni donors. We partnered with a sculptor to create four, bronze bas-relief portraits and also designed special typographic recognition throughout the site.